Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a rekindled love affair


I just returned last night from my first trip back to NYC after I left nearly 1 year ago. It was a whirlwind. The minute I got off the plane it was nonstop, go, go, go. But that's how the city is- and I squeezed in as much as I could in my 6 day vacation. I saw old friends, met new ones, went to a Kylie Minogue concert, celebrated Cinco de Mayo, had lunch at Tiffany's and dinner at Barney's, ate Magnolia cupcakes, enjoyed pizza nearly everyday, wandered around aimlessly on 5th Avenue, stumbled onto live jazz in Central Park, and ventured into Brooklyn to see old roommates and check out the flea market. It was absolutely delightful, despite the abnormally chilly weather for May; it was a nice respite from the sticky Miami summer heat. While visiting NYC is different from living there, I definitely rekindled my love for it. I was dragging my feet so much when it came time to leave yesterday that I missed my flight... I will definitely be back soon for another love affair with this wonderful city.







all above photos taken with iPhone 3Gs and enhanced with Instagram and CameraBag apps

No comments:

Post a Comment