Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back Behind The Lens

(Taken through my sunroof while driving)

A few weeks ago, my mom had a roll of film (yes, good ol' fashion 35mm) to finish on her Canon Rebel and gave it to me to do the task. This camera and I have had some good times and taken great photos, from back in high school when I took every photo class I could then did an "independent study" and just continued using the darkroom, to my class in college with one of my best friends, Cassie. It had been a while since I used any camera other than the one on my iPhone, let alone one that takes film. After getting over the initial awkwardness, I was back behind the lens capturing beautiful things. I had to take the film to get developed and while I miss the darkroom, there was an exciting anticipation as I awaited to see the mystery of how it all turned out. Perhaps because it wasn't instant, the gratification was all the more significant. I'm going to keep it up-- I already loaded another roll and am nearly finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment