Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holly Golightly in 2012


This photo is from a test shoot I did a while ago, and of course didn't get to see the photos until recently. I loved the whole retro vibe of the vintage clothes and big coiffed do's. This look of course was my favorite since I was channeling Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. There was a modern take on it (so as not to be too literal an interpretation) with the straight edge brows and gunmetal silver beaded choker instead of pearls. I would love to go grocery shopping in something like this; it feels so 50s and classy. Holly is one of my favorite characters of all time, and the movie is probably my favorite film (and that's not something I can easily say, as a movie lover). There is a bit of her that I can relate to, especially when last week I was dog-sitting my mom's nameless dog. We adopted him from the Humane Society a couple weeks ago but she hasn't been able to settle on a name that fits him. So when I had him staying with me last week I couldn't help but feel like Miss Golightly and recall this quote: "Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's."



Side note: My mom has decided she likes the name Cisco (as in the old comic book character The Cisco Kid), but I refuse to call him by that because all I can think of is the 90s rapper Sisqo who did "The Thong Song".

No comments:

Post a Comment