Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNoWriMo

I know last month when October began I wrote a post about how quickly time flies and valuing it. Well here we are already a few days into November... I'm enjoying my last couple weeks in Japan to the fullest and trying to be mindful everyday so I don't let December creep up on me either. Well, November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)- who knew? I was told about it by a fellow actor when I had my brief acting stint for the Japanese tv drama where I was a pregnant Romanian. Anyway- the idea is to encourage people to write, you know where people always say "I want to write a novel..." well this is the impetus to do so! You sign up and have the month of November to write your 175-pg (50,000 word) novel. I signed up since I have had the idea for a novel for some time now and, though in the midst of modeling, school, and seeing the world, I know I can make time to write if I have the encouragement. So here it goes! Anyone can sign up and have the support of the online community to write a novel- the point is to just get it written (not revised or edited)! Here's the website if anyone wants to sign up, we're only 4 days into it: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment