Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cue the neon and flashing lights...

This picture was taken at an event I modeled in last week- KrelWear for Artists Wanted at Open House Gallery in NYC. Karelle, the designer, is a friend of mine based in Miami who was in town for some shows and exhibitions of her work. The event was a blast as me and a few other girls got to run around in these crazy neon disco outfits with black lights, strutting our stuff and dancing around. My hair was in a crazy poofy faux hawk that I loved, and I got to wear massive pink and orange lashes, paired with orange lips that glowed under the blacklights. The gallery basically turned into a funky 70s dance party, with guests even getting into it and dancing with us. The way Karelle presents her clothes is so much more fun and interactive than just a 5 minute runway show. Its usually more of a performance art where we get to be characters and take on a different persona. This got me very excited for my upcoming trip to Miami this week, during which Winter Music Conference and Ultra Music Festival will be going on and I'll be mixing time with family and friends who I miss so dearly. I think there will even be a KrelWear event or two, as well as a photoshoot with the amazing NefariousGirl!

Cue the electro, dance, and house music, crazy nonstop parties day and night, neon rage wear, and flashing lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment