Monday, March 1, 2010

Prospect Ave Pizza-makers

Friday nights in my family have traditionally been pizza & movie night. It's just kind of how Friday nights should be. And while I have been having my fair share of pizza since moving to NYC, the combo of pizza and a movie on a Friday night has been lacking. However, this past weekend that was corrected. My roommates and I collaborated with our upstairs neighbors to make a veggie pizza, some pasta, and watch a flick. There's just something fun and comforting in making your own pizza- the freedom of choice, ability to experiment with toppings, its imperfections, and sheer deliciousness in knowing it came straight from oven to plate. Below is a picture of the finished product- and funny thing is, we actually ended up doing another pizza-making night the following evening at our friends' housewarming party. Things got a little too experimental as the night went on and beers were had, with people throwing on banana, avocado, and all sorts of weird oddities. I wish I had snapped a few pictures of those creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment