Saturday, July 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home

There is something to be said for making a house a home. Some people don't mind living out of suitcases, in a temporary sublet with barren walls and no sense of neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel more than anything, but I am now finally feeling like I have a place to call home. I've celebrated being in my South Beach apartment for one month now and it feels like it's coming together. Thanks to the help of my parents, my desk is assembled and an organized work space, pictures and mirrors are hung, curtains are up, and the place feels like my own. While the past couple years have been a fun ride and I've enjoyed being able to pick up and go at any given moment for modeling, I am now enjoying being on my own terms and creating a haven to return to at the end of the day. But this isn't just a place for me to enjoy, I'm definitely a social person and I love to entertain and throw a good party. It feels great having a place for friends and company to enjoy themselves, a place I'm proud to share with them. It's been the little things that bring me joy like receiving mail and packages addressed to me in my own mailbox, walking down the block to instantly be among the hustle and bustle of Lincoln Road, and making friends with the neighbors and locals at the places I frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment