Thursday, July 8, 2010

stars and stripes


This past weekend was not only a great American holiday for the rest of you patriotic citizens, but it also marked a milestone for me as it was my 21st birthday! Talk about a real "independence" day. Yes, I was born on the 4th of July, and yes, I get fireworks every year... what can I say? It's pretty awesome. This year it was a great birthday, not just because I can legally drink. I opted to stay in the steamy sauna for celebrations so I could enjoy it with the people I wanted to be with- both sets of parents, as well as good friends. Though the whole being 21 thing has hit me, to some extent, it doesn't feel too different. Most of my friends are older than I am anyway, and some didn't even know I wasn't yet 21. I guess you could say I'm an old soul, as my stepmom does, and probably will always be. But that doesn't mean I wasn't out ringing in my new legality with pride and drink in hand like one should! I definitely had some great celebrations and couldn't be happier with the weekend (even if I slept almost all day on Monday and was in major recovery mode). It's pretty apparent by the constant smile on my face in the pictures my friends snapped.



No comments:

Post a Comment