Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Art Walk


This past Saturday was Wywood's Art Walk (the second Saturday of every month) in the design district. While it was actually my first time attending art walk, I was no stranger to the event as it's one of Miami's biggest art events in the local Wynwood community. Galleries open for the public to come in browse, sip on wine, and talk creatively with other artists and walkers. While some are truly intent on looking to buy, others can come just to enjoy the art, see what's new, and enjoy the company of friends and other artsy-type folk. I really enjoyed walking around hopping from gallery to gallery, and as the sun went down it made for a lovely summer evening that later progressed into night. I took a couple pictures with my iPhone of the amazing wall murals that provided the backdrop of our walk. It was great to see the more creative and different artistic community that exists in Miami but is often times overshadowed by the glitz and glam. I actually started working with Fabrika, an online music and lifestyle planner as well as branding company that specializes in showcasing this side of Miami. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be getting involved. Check out the site here: www.fabrikalink.com


No comments:

Post a Comment