Monday, May 17, 2010

Lovers in Lima


During much of my people-watching, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of couples everywhere! Of all kinds and all ages. Parks are apparently a place designated for couples to go hang out and enjoy each other's company. But even just walking around, I saw parents holding hands while their kids ran ahead, an elderly man take his wife for a spin on the dance floor, teens hanging out on benches embracing one another... I could go on. The display of affection among couples really struck me here. Even just the simple gesture of hand-holding was much more prevalent than in the U.S. There is such a feeling of romance in this city I didn't expect and it was so lovely. I might even call Lima the "Paris of South America" (or atleast of Peru) if I'd been to other countries in SA which I haven't... yet!












No comments:

Post a Comment