Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saludos desde Peru!


Hola! I arrived in Peru early Thursday morning after a grueling red eye flight. I was greeted at the airport by Ignacio, Stephany's friend, holding a sign with my name on it. We spent the afternoon walking around his area Miraflores, which is very beautiful. He took me for a walk by the coast here and I was snapping tons of pictures- he jokingly said I was like a Japanese tourist. But I don't care, my pale skin and tall lanky physique stand out here as it is, so I might as well embrace my inner gringa tourista! Although already I've been speaking tons of Spanish. I was immersed in it the minute I got to the airport and all the announcements for our flight were in Español first. Yesterday and today, Stephany and I went to big family lunches (almuerzos) filled with tons of delicious, homemade Peruvian food. Followed by siestas. Last night we went out and I experienced Peru's famous drink- Pisco Sour (what Tequila is to Mexico, Pisco is to Peru) along with las discotecas! We had lots of fun and are doing round two tonight. Bailamos!

I'll try to write more during down time and post more pictures later. It's so great to be on vacation, especially with girlfriends. The Bloomingdales Brigade of me, Steph, and Ximena, is united!

No comments:

Post a Comment