Saturday, July 18, 2009

Harry Potter

Last night I went with my friends Hollie and Alex to see the new Harry Potter movie at Union Square, with the intent of also going to see 500 Days of Summer (an indie love story) after. Well as far as Harry Potter goes, I have to say I'm not as avid a fan as most of my peers since I have yet to read one of J.K. Rowling's books. Sad, I know. I feel like I'm a disgrace to my generation but it just never happened and I feel like I missed the train on that one. So as much as I enjoy the movies for entertainment purposes, I found myself a bit lost last night in the course of the plot and characters. I kept leaning over to get Alex to fill me in. There was also a bit too much of the silly teen romance stuff for me- it undermined the good, stimulating plot. But I guess that's what appeals to the younger audience. I will say that I was entertained for sure, and I love the way the movies are shot with the visual effects and such. Maybe since the next movie won't be out for years, I'll read the last book to find out what happens since it'll be divided into two separate movies to drag it out even further and make more money I'm sure. Or maybe not at this point I'm not sure how much I really care. It's kind of pathetic, but I could probably wait. And we ended up not even being able to sneak into the second movie, which I think I wanted to see more than Harry...

No comments:

Post a Comment