Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wait, I live here??

Today I had a surreal moment. I was walking down Prince Street in SoHo, already with a little pep in my step as I had been successful in my errands (one of which included getting a little free gift at Coach). I'm just looking around at all there is to take in- tourists, street vendors, artwork, store windows- when, thank goodness for my observant behavior, Marc Jacobs and I pass each other (he's one of my absolute favorite fashion designers). I saw him coming toward me but didn't register who it was until the second after we passed. I came to a halt and whipped my head around to get a good look to be sure. Yes, it was him! A huge smile came across my face and I started walking again, immediately pulling out my phone to update my statuses on Twitter and Facebook. Reality is still setting in as I can't believe I just casually passed him on the street like it was no big deal. This, among a multitude of other reasons, is why I love New York City. Do I really live here?

No comments:

Post a Comment