Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fashion Week

Well all my little fashionistas, trend-setters, label-obsessors, runway-strutters, it's that time of year again. NYFW (New York Fashion Week) is among us! I was so bummed to be away from NY for fall fashion week in September (though I was in Tokyo so can't be too upset haha) since it's one of the biggest things that happens in NY and I live here now! Thankful to be here for it this time around, I've already felt its intensity and it doesn't start until Thursday officially. Though my division at the agency doesn't usually have runway girls- the extremely tall, amazon-like, gangly ones- I've been busy with presentation and showroom castings and seeing tons of amazons flooding the streets running around to castings. The city is turning into a jungle and I even passed by the tents while they were being put up last week at Bryant Park. I took a moment to just take it in and it really hit me. I live here. This is NYFW and it's happening. There is an amazing energy I can feel and it's exhilarating! While it doesn't look like I'll be doing any strutting on the runway this time around, I definitely plan on embracing the fact I can be here for this and get in on any shows, parties, events, etc that I can! I still get to experience it, just not from the catwalk. I can deal with that... stay tuned for more frequent updates (no more slacking!). Though I've just been busy dabbling as I do... currently undertaking a new venture at DJing so any/all DJ name suggestions are welcome!

1 comment: