Monday, September 7, 2009

Action-packed weekend

So to sum up the weekend as briefly as I can:

Friday was a long day of castings again, then I went out with the roomies- Lora (Canada), Zarema (Uzbekistan), and Ana (Russia) for dinner with a group of us and then to one of the clubs the models go to in Tokyo- Club Lexington. Here the drinking/clubbing age is 20 so I am good to go! Although I don't plan on doing it much, but I just wanted to see what the nightlife scene here is like. It was pretty fun, then we went for Karaoke and boy was that awesome! We had our own private room and got food and sang the night away! Or atleast attempted to...


Saturday was an adventure day! We went to Universal Studios: Japan (minus Lora, she had a casting) and it kicked ass!! We took the Bullet train to Osaka and that was so nice! Everything there was awesome, even though all the rides/shows/videos were in Japanese and I didn't see another single other non-Japanese person there the whole time, which was kinda cool too. I felt completely submersed and I'm loving their culture. The first ride we went on was a roller coaster and it was awesome- there were speakers where you rest your head and you can change the station to play another song but I kept mine on default: Michael Jackson's Thriller. It was one of the best coasters I've been on. Japan just does everything so much better. The Spider-Man 3-D simulation ride was probably the best one. It's just ironic I've never been to the original Universal Studios in Orlando and this was my first time, being in Japan. But they had all the same things I know the other one has. There is such a love of the American culture here it's hilarious.


Sunday was my first modeling job for a bridal wear company and we had to model the gowns for couples looking at what to buy/rent for their wedding. I felt like a My Size Barbie but it was fun in a very 6 year old kind of way. Kind of like Universal Studios. I feel that way quite a bit here lately though, I think it's the culture- very cutesy and childish but fun. For more pictures of the weekend, I took tons, check out my facebook album!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=118256&id=703686845&l=fb3f18540d

No comments:

Post a Comment