Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chelsea candy!

I was at the Luna hair job last week when one of the cute make-up artists was asking if I had tried the Chelsea candy. I hadn't heard of it and was asking about it and they were laughing because it's like my name. I asked Aki (our source of all knowledge and things Japanese) the next day in the car and he knew it very well and told me about the commercials they have for it. I got so excited and asked if he could point it out to me when we stop at a store but we forgot. Then on Tuesday, Tessa had a job with Luna again and came back from it with something for me. I thought maybe it was a picture or something from my shoot and she pulls this bag out of her purse and said the girls ran across to the store and got it for her to give me! I was not only amazed at the candy and how funny it was- it's even spelled the same way!- but also at the sheer thoughtfulness of the gift! I don't know too many make-up artists or people I've worked with that would care about such a thing back in the States. This is why the Japanese are such amazing people. Now if only I could get on that commercial advertising my own candy...there are 3 flavors- "yogurt", "tea", and "butter"... one tastes just like a Werther's

No comments:

Post a Comment