Monday, September 21, 2009

Tokyo Trends...

I have been taking in all the fashions here and loving it so much I'm snapping away every chance I get at someone's outfit since everyone here is so trendy! In addition to my posts about modeling and other Tokyo adventures, I will be adding an additional fashion update with people I've photographed out and about on the street- a la Sartorialist. Here's one for you today:

She is a very friendly, older woman who I passed on my way back to the apartment outside a convenience store. She was thoroughly enjoying her soft serve cone by her bike when I interrupted her asking if I could take her picture (although the image of her eating the ice cream was quite enjoyable, I don't like feeling too intrusive). She understood English and was surprised that I would want to take her picture. She started giggling and complimented me on my casual jean shorts and t-shirt outfit. She's one of the more brightly dressed people I've seen. Here, everyone is always making sure appearances are kept in order and looking good all the time. No one dresses like a slob in sweats and flip flops. America could learn a thing or two. Although it often puts me to shame sometimes when I want those comfy days and don't care about looking cute. They ALWAYS look so darn cute here!

No comments:

Post a Comment