Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1... 5 Castings

^^One of the castings took us here, right by the Tokyo Tower where we stopped to snap a picture on our way out. That little thing at the bottom is meeee!

So today I woke up around 10, after getting my much-needed sleep (around 11 hours), showered and got ready in the apartment that I share currently with 3 other girls. It's a little small but not too bad. I share a room with a girl from Canada, Lora, and the other room has a Ana from Russia and Zarma from Uzbekistan. I'll put up pics of them once I snap a few. We got picked up by Aki at 2:15 and went to pick up the other girls from the other apartment- Tessa from Tennessee and
Olivia the 15 yr old from Jersey. We had 5 castings today for all different things- one for makeup demonstration, a couple for catalogue, and one for a website for a tire company haha. They were all different experiences like some were in a studio/building, one was in an apartment where we had to remove our shoes and put on slippers. Aki drove us around to all of them and in between we stopped at a convenience store for some food. They have a lot of McDonald's, Starbuck's and Subway here, but most everything else is Japanese. And even the American places have better stuff than in the states- Subway sells french fries, and Starbucks has amazing stuff: Creme Brulee lattes, Mango frappuccino, and all kinds of beautiful desserts and cakes that we don't have at home! We had a bit of time to kill before our last casting- at 8pm! So Aki dropped me, Lora, and Tessa off in Harajuku and we got to shop for a bit. We went to Kiddie Land! It was already on my to-do list. It's an amazing place that makes you feel like a 6 yr old all over again- tons of Hello Kitty, Peanuts, Disney, Legos... 4 floors of fun for everyone!
So that was pretty much my day, didn't get back to the apartment until 9ish then had to run to the store for some food... which entailed buying a lot of packaged things that I have no idea what they are since I can't read any of it but atleast they have pictures! And I had Lora with me who helped to tell me what stuff is good to get. I had this yakisoba noodle thing for dinner that you add boiling water too- pretty good. But I'm still waiting to go have some sushi! Tomorrow I hope! For more pics so far, check out my gallery:

http://gallery.me.com/che1sea

No comments:

Post a Comment