Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 2... castings- can't keep track


The past two days have been so busy that they kind of are a blur and blend together. Today I was the only one in the apartment who had to get picked up at 10:45 for a casting the other girls had earlier last week. I had some grape yogurt for breakfast that I bought last night at the 99 yen store (aka 99 cents) and it was interesting- a little too "grape" for me, and it had very sweet chunks of grape in it too. Oh, and atleast where I went for groceries yesterday, they don't have whole wheat bread here which is a major bummer for me since I haven't had white bread since... I don't know when. But I'm adjusting.

Anyway, had the casting and was back at the apartment for like an hour before we all got picked up again at 1pm for the rest of the castings of the day. Those of which included a variety of clients, similar to yesterday- department store posters, internet advertising, clothing catalogue, one for a bridal magazine cover. At one of them, we had to remove our shoes again and also pump anti-bacterial foam in our hands before meeting the client. They are very serious about the influenza here which is good I like this germ awareness! One casting was a very "special" casting as it is usually not like this, but the particular client is very generous and since he has a small office met us and took us for coffee. All 5 of us ordered coffees and sat down while he looked through our books. We liked this casting very much it was nice haha. The bridal mag cover casting was pretty cool though too. The building it was in was a huge corporate skyscraper that is all glass windows and futuristic looking with amazing views going up and down the elevators. It's quite interesting because they like to use young girls- 20 yrs old and under- for bridal stuff. Same for lingerie. It's very smiley and cute, not elegant and mature.

I'm still learning a lot about the culture but I've already learned quite a bit in only two days of this! But alas, I did not get a chance to get sushi today! I'll leave you with a hilarious quote from Aki our driver who we mess around with and he's quite funny. Somehow we got on the subject of Paris Hilton (she is pretty popular here). He asked if he could express his opinion on her and it went something like this, which I did not expect to hear from him: "stupid fucking slutty asshole!" hahaha! I told him most people in the US feel the same way. or something like it.

Below are some interesting Japanese fashions in a window display...

Oh, and of course, Tommy Lee Jones (or Tommy Ree Jones as it's pronounced here, who is quite popular) advertising for Boss coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment