Sunday, September 13, 2009

Here Comes The Bride!


Today, Sunday, I had the bridal company job again. This time I was stuck being the bride but it actually turned out not to be so bad! It was pretty hilarious. Basically, this place puts on the ceremony and reception and dinner etc so me and this Japanese guy were part of the ceremony. It was weird putting on a wedding dress and performing the ceremony at 20 years old! I even had my "dad" (who was also Japanese and came up to my shoulders) walk me down the aisle (which had tiles that illuminated when we stepped on them). There was the "here comes the bride" music and priest and everything! We put our hands on the bible, pretended to put on rings, he pretended to kiss my cheek, we pretended to sign papers, and we said "I Do" to the vows all in Japanese ("Hai Chikaimasu"). I had to try to keep from laughing as we walked down together as being married and the Japanese couples there watching the mock ceremony threw rose petals on us while taking pictures. Then we did the "fashion show" for the reception dinner with the other girls and guys, had our lunch break where they serve us a lovely petite 4 course lunch, and went shopping. I made my 1st (and certainly not last) purchases in Kawagoe. Ugh the shopping here is awesome it's dangerous. Then went back for round 2. So I got married today. Twice. In Japanese. How many people can say that?!! hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment